Containing inflation is a priority for the newly formed Indian government, Parliamentary Affairs Minister M. Venkaiah Naidu said.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi unveiled his top 10 policy priorities on Thursday, seeking to unblock an investment logjam and setting deadlines for action in order to revive the economy.
After a cabinet meeting in New Delhi, Parliamentary Affairs Minister Venkaiah Naidu said the Prime Minister stressed on three issues: efficient governance, delivery and implementation.
Containing inflation is a priority for the newly formed Indian government, Parliamentary Affairs Minister M. Venkaiah Naidu said on Thursday after a cabinet meeting.
“Containing inflation is an obvious priority for the government,” Naidu told a news briefing after Prime Minister Narendra Modi chaired a cabinet meeting.
Following are the top 10 priorities that Modi has listed for his government:
1) Focus on economy and infrastructure ministries.
2) Focus on education, health, water and roads.
3) Restore confidence of bureaucrats.
4) Better inter-ministerial coordination.
5) Use technology and social media to maximise public interaction.
6) Gear up government machinery to project new leadership mandate.
7) Must have stable sustainable government.
8) There shall be transparency in government.
9) E-auction will be promoted in tendering and other government work.
10) People-oriented system will be in place.