2. Bananas are excellent source of magnesium and potassium, minerals that prevent muscle spasms or cramps during night.
3. Flax seeds are ideal for increasing levels of regulating sleep due to high level of omega 3 fatty acids that also helps in reducing anxiety, depression and stress some of the leading causes of insomnia.
4. Melatonin-rich tart cherry juice was shown to aid sleep. When adults with chronic insomnia drank a cup of tart cherry juice twice a day they experienced some relief in the severity of their insomnia.
5. Bulgur, barley and other whole grains are rick in magnesium—and consuming too little magnesium may make it harder to stay asleep.
6. Chickpeas contains vitamin B6 which is needed to make melatonin (a sleep-inducing hormone triggered by darkness).
7. Oats is a good natural source of tryptophan. A warm, soothing snack before bed can help you drift off peacefully.