Do not panic if you have been diagnosed with High Blood Pressure. Besides regular exercise, one can control it with diet low in sodium and fat.
So here are some of the top foods you should avoid:
1. Pickles are low calorie but they are loaded with sodium.
2. Papads are again low calorie but high in sodium.
3. French Fries provide a large dose of fat and sodium. A medium serving of fries has about 19 grams of fat and 270 mg of sodium.
4. Bacon is mostly fat. Three slices have 4.5 grams of fat and about 270mg of sodium.
5. Readymade soup may be comfort food but it has about 800 mg of sodium in one cup serving.
6. Dairy is a great source of calcium, but high fat dairy sources, like whole milk, provide more fat than you need. A one cup serving of whole milk provides eight grams of fat, five of which are saturated.
7. Alcohol consumption actively causes the blood pressure to elevate. It also damages the walls of the blood vessels, while simultaneously increases risks of further complications.
8. Donuts may be yummy, but they sure aren’t very good for your health and body. Just one donut packs in 200 calories with 12 grams of fat.