Don’t know what to do with last night’s leftover food? Feeling guilty of throwing away those deliciously cooked potatoes, those yummy parathas? Here’s how you can re-cycle them in the next day’s meal and make an entirely new dish!
1. 1 cup cooked rice
2. 1 tsp garam masala powder
3. 1 small boiled potato diced
4. 1 small onion chopped
5. 1/2 cup peas
6. 1/2 tsp ginger garlic paste
7. 2 tsp crushed nuts
8. 1/2 tsp haldi powder
9. 4 tsp milk
10. 2 tsp ghee/butter
11. 1/2 tsp zeera
1. Heat butter/ghee in a pan. Add cumin, haldi powder. 2. Add onions and cook till they are translucent. 3. Now add peas, ginger-garlic paste, potatoes and cook covered for 5-7 minutes. 4. Add salt, a pinch of sugar and rice and the remaining ingredients. 5. Cook for 5 minutes and remove from fire. 6. Serve hot.
1. 1 cup cooked rice
2. 1/2 litre milk
3. 1/2 cup condensed milk
4. 1/2 cup powdered almonds
5. 1 tsp ghee
6. Sugar if needed
7. 1 tsp cardamom powder 8. 2 tsp chopped nuts
1. Heat ghee in a pan. Add chopped nuts and saute. 2. Add rice and stir for 2-3 minutes. 3. Pour milk and cook till the mixture is reduced to half. 4. Now add all other ingredients and cook till the kheer thickens. 5. Since condensed milk is sweet, add sugar only if needed. 6. Garnish with nuts.
Best ways to use leftover veggies and meat
Heat 2 tsp butter in a pan. Add the leftover veggie (potato curry,/aloo baingan) some water and 1/2 tsp ginger garlic paste. Cook for 5 minutes and then add pao bhaji masala, mix well and remove from fire. Serve with buttered paos.
Heat olive oil in a pan. Add 1 tsp each garlic and tomato paste and cook for 2-3 minutes. Now add leftover palak and cook till the mixture is dry. Add half a cup cream and 1 tsp kasoori methi. Cook for 5 minutes and remove from fire. Use as sandwich filling or pasta sauce.
Remove bones from leftover meat and dry it completely by cooking it on slow fire. Mash well. Add 1/2 tsp ginger garlic paste, 1 tsp black pepper powder and 1 finely chopped onion and 1/2 a cup chopped coriander. Make rounds, dip in beaten egg, roll into poppy seeds or bread crumbs and deep fry.
If you have leftover boiled potatoes and some rice, mix the two. Mash well with your fingers. Add chopped ginger, onions, green chillies, half a cup grated cheese and coriander leaves. Make into small balls, roll into bread crumbs and deep fry. Serve with green chutney.