Including these in your diet will work wonders for you !
Almost everyone dislikes eating greens, whether it’s the young or the old, men or women. Whether its spinach, rocket leaves or the dreaded bittergourd, most frown at the sight on them on their food plate. Greens are one of the healthiest foods available in nature. That’s because they are packed with nutrients and vitamins. They are low in calories and have very negligible amount of fats. Here are some health benefits of greens we bet you weren’t aware of…
– Greens, especially leafy vegetables, are to be eaten in the raw form, if you want to get the best of their nutritional properties. Lettuce contains vitamin B6, C, E, folic acid and minerals like manganese and chromium. Romaine lettuce, which is a more dark green in colour in comparison to the iceberg variety is said to be more nutritious. If your hair isn’t having an optimum growth, it is a good idea to consume lettuce as a regular part of your diet.
– Mint contains a host of medicinal properties. To relieve headache, migraine, cold and stomach upsets, chew on some fresh mint leaves. Also, regular consumption of mint helps in flushing out toxins from the body.
– Basil, also known as tulsi, is known to possess antioxidant properties and also boosts metabolism. It is great for the skin because it contains vitamin C, calcium, phosphorus and carotene. To relieve stomach ache or an upset stomach, chew fresh basil leaves.
– Celery contains vitamins A and B, calcium, sodium and iron. Celery is said to have negative calories and digesting them burns more calories. They are good for people who want to lose weight.
– Eating a diet that is rich in fruits and vegetables also keeps your eyes healthy. Spinach contains two pigments – lutein and zeaxanthin, that remove free radicals before they can harm the eyes sensitive tissues.