While we know that there are a lot of foods that are super healthy and good to eat, we may not consume them regularly.
However there are certain foods, which are important to consume on a regular basis, as these comprise of essential vitamins and minerals that all of us will benefit from. They also have good levels of fats, proteins, and carbs, which are all equally important for a balanced diet. So what are these foods that will benefit us greatly if consumed every day?
1. Eggs/ chicken/ meat – any one of these are very important to include daily in your diet. Whole eggs give you a good amount of healthy protein and fats if you want to stay strong and eat filling and healthy meals. If you are an active individual it is even more important to eat eggs as a form of energy as well as to build your muscles that get broken down during your workouts.
2. Salads / vegetables – make one meal of your day just a big bowl of salad or a big bowl of fresh vegetables cooked minimalistic and see how it makes you feel. If you can add some chicken into the mix, it will not only fill you up more but make it more delicious than it already is. Add nuts for more flavour and crunch.
3. Fish or fish oil – Getting your dose of Omega 3 is very important to make you feel good, and to reduce the aches in your joints after strenuous workouts. Fish oil is also a very good fat to consume in order to ensure that you get your dosage of healthy fats.
4. Olive oil/ coconut oil – add these generously to your salads (incase of olive oil) or cooking (in case of coconut oil). Both these flavourful oils are important so that you don’t end up consuming cooking oils that are highly processed and in turn harmful for your weight management goals.
5. Fruits – Fruits are great to add fiber to your diet, they have antioxidant properties, are good to carry as a quick snack in between meals, have healthy natural carbs and sugar, and are generally little bites of nutrition. One fruit a day should be part of any remotely healthy persons diet and we hope these are part of yours!