Healthy lifestyle can be achieved with a suitable combination of exercises and good food habits.
Instead of following diet plans at random, opt for a scientific yet natural approach towards foods which are healthy for you to eat. The cue lies in the fact that the closer a food is to its natural state, the better it is for you. For instance, l Fresh fruits and berries are great and will satisfy a craving for sweets.
Whole vegetables have lots of vitamins and minerals, so eat more green, orange and yellow vegetables. Steam them to retain the most nutritional value and be careful with sauces, they may be high in calories and fats that aren’t good for you.
Avoid sugary snacks and pastries as well. An apple is good for you, an apple pie really isn’t, at most times.
Stick to water, milk and 100 per cent fruit and vegetable juices as your main beverages and limit sugary soft drinks. Here’s how you can get started by sorting out unhealthy and healthy foods.
Avoid unhealthy foods
– Battered and deep fried foods
– Sugary sodas
– Processed lunch meats
– Greasy snack chips
– White bread and refined pasta
– Most canned spaghetti and ravioli
– Sugary breakfast cereals
Go for healthy foods
– Green and brightly coloured vegetables
– Dark leafy greens and lettuce
– Fresh fruits and berries
– Nuts, dried fruits and healthy snacks
– Whole grain and brown breads and pasta
– Healthy cooking oils like canola and olive oils
– Low fat milk or soy beverages
– Nuts, seeds, and legumes.
– Large portions of fresh green foods in your daily meals can go a long way into keeping you fit.