It isn’t that hard to imagine getting upset at the smallest of things in a fast-paced, stressful world. With hectic deadlines and cutthroat competition, flying off the handle has become increasingly common. If you consciously make an effort to control your temper though, you can actually save yourself a lot of trouble. Here are a few ways that will help you stay calm…
– As banal as it may sound, try this — close your eyes and take deep breaths. The extra oxygen actually helps clear your mind. And also helps prevent you from saying something that you might regret later!
– Keep lavender scent close to you. Sniffing on lavender will help calm you down by relaxing your senses.
– The next time you get upset, ask yourself a simple question — will this really matter two years from now? If the answer is no, you know it isn’t even worth getting worked up about.
– Volunteering at a charitable institution may not seem appealing but spending time will the less fortunate will help you see things from a different perspective. It will also help you lose your temper less often.
– Music is another way to calm an irate mind. have a playlist of all your favourite songs and plug in when you find yourself upset.
– Keep a diary where you can vent out your turmoil. It is therapeutic to write down all your angst instead of dumping it on other people.