There are so many great things a microwave can do and to prove that to you, we’ve picked up some absolutely phenomenal microwave recipes – brownie, cakes, potato chips, paneer pasanda and more. So go ahead and try them out for yourself.
Paneer – 200 gms, cut into small cubes, Green Capsicum – 1, cut into long, thin strips, Oil – 2 tbsp, Garlic Paste – 1 tbsp, Tomato Puree – 2 tblsp, Garam Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp, A pinch of Sugar, Red Chilli Powder – 3/4 tsp, Cumin Powder 1 tsp, Salt to taste
– Heat oil in a frying pan and add the garlic paste.
– Stir for about 30 seconds and add the tomato puree, salt, sugar, red chilli powder and garam masala.
– Mix well.
– Add capsicum and saute for a minute on medium heat.
– Turn off heat and add the paneer and mix well.
– Transfer to a microwaveproof bowl and microwave uncovered on high for three minutes. 7.
– Serve hot with rotis.
A simple anytime snack.
Potatoes – 5 to 6, Olive Oil – 1/2 cup, Salt – 2 tsp, Curry Powder or Garam Masala Powder as per taste
– Wash the potatoes and slice them into thin slices.
– Brush them with olive oil.
– Sprinkle slat and curry powder.
– Toss well to mix evenly.
– Place them on a microwave-safe plate and cook them on high for 3 minutes or until the chips are dry and crisp.
– Remove and cool.
– Store in an airtight container.
– Serve as a snack.
Plain Chocolate – 50 gms, Butter – 50 gms, Dark Brown Sugar – 50 gms, soft, Maida – 50 gms, Egg – 1, beaten, Vanilla Extract – 1/4 tsp, Cocoa Powder – 1 tsp + extra for sprinking, Salt – a small pinch, Icing Sugar (optional)
– Line a microwaveable glass bowl with greaseproof paper.
– Add the chocolate, butter and sugar into it.
– Place it in the microwave and cook on full powder for 30 seconds or until melted.
– Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
– Pour into the bowl and microwave on full powder for 3 to 4 minutes or until just set.
– Allow it to cool.
– Sprinkle cocoa powder (or icing sugar) on top.
Cheesy Vegetable Bake
Potatoes – 500 gms, peeled, thinly sliced, Butternut – 500 gms, peeled, thinly sliced, Red Onion – 1, thinly sliced, Courgettes – 250 gms, thinly sliced, Tomata Puree – 1 cup, Parmesan Cheese – 1/2 cup, grated, Thyme – 1 tblsp, chopped, Parsley – 2 tblsp, Garlic – 2 tsp, crushed, Butter – 60 to 75 gms, softened, Salt as per taste, Black Pepper Powder as per taste
– In a bowl combine the butter, thyme, parsley and garlic.
– Place the potatoes onto the base of the greased ovenproof dish.
– Spread 1/3rd of the butter mixture over the potatoes.
– Add salt and pepper as per taste.
– Arrange the butternut and onion on top.
– Spread another 1/3rd of the butter mixture.
– Add salt and pepper.
– Top off with a layer of courgettes and the remaining butter mixturee.
– Spread the tomato puree evenly over the top.
– Cover and bake in a microwave for 45 minutes.
– Remove and sprinkle the cheese on top. 1
– Return to the microwave and bake uncovered for 12 to 15 minutes till golden brown.
– Serve with garlic bread.
Besan powder – 1/2 cup, Powdered sugar: 1 cup, Ghee – 1/2 cup, Milk – 2 tsp
– Melt ghee in a microwave for one minute on high.
– Now mix all the ingredients in the melted ghee.
– Mix well.
– Microwave the mixture for three minutes.
– Remove the mixture in between and mix well.
– Once you see bubbles forming on the mixture, remove and mix nicely and pour over a greased plate.
– After 10 minutes cut into pieces.
– Remove after it cools completely.