Instead of feeling envious about women who flaunt sexy legs, why not be one of them? Getting toned legs isn’t as difficult as it seems — in fact with determination, focus and a little hard work you can also show off those toned pins in short dresses and sleek skirts in no time. Here’s what to do.
– Tone your legs and core with this exercise. Begin by standing straight with your legs together. Slowly lift your right leg behind and move your chest, shoulders and head down, so that you are in a horizontal line. Ensure that you don’t bend your knees and balance yourself well. Hold for 20 seconds and lower your leg. Repeat the same with your left leg. Do at least five repetitions with each leg.
– Take a chair and stand with your back facing it. Keep some distance between your feet and raise your arms in the air. Now, slowly start going into a squatting position while leaning forward slightly. Stop just when you’re about to reach the chair. Hold the position for 10 seconds and then stand up straight again. Repeat at least 10 times.
– Stand with your feet slightly apart and place your right foot behind you. Bend your knees so that it seems as if you’re lunging. Lean ahead and start going up and down while keeping your hands by your sides. Do it about 20 times. Repeat with the other leg.
– Stand straight with your arms by your sides. Put your right foot diagonally behind your left foot and bend sideways towards your right leg. Now raise your right arm while keeping your left arm down, pointing towards the floor. Hold for 10 seconds and repeat with the other leg.
– Stand straight and lift your right leg. Make sure that you don’t bend your knees. Hold the position for 15 seconds and lower the leg. Repeat with the other leg.
– Stand straight and keep some distance between your feet. Take your right foot back and lower your body so that you’re lunging on your left knee. Slowly take your arms over your head and move forward from your waist. Try to lower your torso close to your thighs and let your arms stretch straight. Now, balance yourself as you lift your right leg and straighten the left leg. Hold for 10-15 seconds and repeat with the other leg.