Olive oil is not just among the best oils to be consumed if you want to stay healthy and fit. This popular salad oil, which is now also used in cooking traditional Indian food is full of benefits and can be employed in a number of ways. Here are some unique uses of olive oil.
1. If your door hinges are making a lot of noise or the wooden doors are hard to open, pour some olive oil there and see the difference.
2. Mix together olive oil, oatmeal and some cream and use as a face scrub.
3. To keep away moisture from rusting your iron knobs and grills, apply a generous layer of olive oil.
4. Olive oil is traditionally considered as one of the best massage oil for babies. They work wonders on their growing bodies. So instead of investing in an artificial mineral oil which is made of petroleum, go for this healthy, natural oil.
5. If there is no shaving cream at home, apply some olive oil for a smooth and close shave.
6. Mix together 1 cup olive oil with 1 cup vinegar and put in a spray bottle. Use it for cleaning furniture.
7. To soften your hands and cuticles, apply olive oil and massage your hands thoroughly.
8. Massage your hands and feet with olive oil to do away with the stickiness of your hands and feet after waxing.
9. To set hair and manage frizz, instead of investing in a chemical spray, use olive oil.
10. If a zipper is struck, apply some olive oil and see how it moves!
11. Add half a tea spoon of olive oil in your pet’s food for a furry, shiny coat.
12. You can make your own lip balm my mixing oil with an equal quantity of beeswax and store in an air tight container.
13. For healthy conditioning of your hair, massage it with olive oil, cover it with a hot towel for 15 minutes and then wash off.
14. To keep your brass shining, clean them and then polish them with olive oil.
15. Use olive oil as a make -up remover base.
16. To remove ear wax, olive oil has been used traditionally. But should only be done on the advise of the doctor.
17. Olive oil can be used in oil pulling to keep your teeth healthy.
18. Olive oil can be rubbed on your leather shoes and bags to make them shine.
19. Olive oil mixed with a teaspoon of sugar acts as a wonderful ex-foliator.
20. Gently apply olive oil to your baby’s bottom to do away with nappy rash.