Travelling with a baby, toddler or child is never an easy task. Not only do you have to pack a whole lot more things but also be prepared for all sorts of emergencies. Here are a few tips to keep in mind while travelling with a child…
– If you’re travelling with a baby, make sure you pack in extra clothes, diapers and medicines because you never know when they might come in handy.
– Always carry a list of emergency contacts with you in case the need arises.
– Kids might take some time to adapt to their new surroundings. Hence, the moment you reach your destination, settle in by unpacking so that the child feels at ease when he/ she sees familiar items (toys, clothes, knick knacks, etc).
– Don’t forget to carry your child’s favourite toys and books. Not only will this keep them occupied but will also ensure that they don’t get cranky.
– Don’t hesitate to take turns with your partner to babysit or leave the kids with other family members while you and your partner unwind for a bit at a spa or restaurant. This way you will get a break and the kids will also enjoy themselves doing something different.
– Most kids are fussy eaters so always carry some of the favourite snacks in case they don’t like the food at the hotel you’re staying at.